Please note that submissions are now closed.
The Taskforce will make recommendations on how to improve New Zealand’s workplace health and safety record, which is poor when compared to countries like Australia and the United Kingdom.
To gather as much information from workers, employers and interested parties as possible, we have undertaken an extensive consultation process which has now closed.
The following reports on the consultation can be viewed here:
- Summary Report on Analyses of Written Submissions and Consultation Meetings
- Report on Analysis of Consultation Meetings
- Safer Workplaces Consultation: Summary of submissions
Reviewing submissions and developing final recommendations
We are now beginning to develop our final report. To help us do this we will test our thinking with our broader network of experts and reference groups.
We will provide our final report to the Government by 30 April 2013.
Summary of key dates
- Taskforce held consultation meetings – October/November 2012
- Submissions to the Taskforce closed – 26 November 2012
- Taskforce reviews submissions and develops final report – mid-November 2012 to March 2013
- Final report presented to the Government – 30 April 2013.